Friday, June 28, 2013

A Quick Two Pack Break of 2013 Topps Series 2


So the other day, my family ran to the nearest big box store to buy some much needed supplies (that's our story and we're sticking to it). Along the way, we were able to find five of the last six Series 10 Lego Minifigures we need to complete the set of 16 (as much as my son wants to be optimistic, there is no way in heck that we're going to find that Mr. Gold guy, nor am I willing to spend $600.00 on the bay for one plastic figure). We still need to find the Librarian and I'm having a fun time trying to figure out how to feel for the larger than usual book. Can't really rely on the cup as Grandpa has one as well.

But I digress.

Target now has Topps Series 2 out on the shelves. So I picked five random packs, and two random jumbo packs and placed them ever so nicely into the shopping cart. I have two of them with me today (see picture below). Let's see what I got.

Now understand that these are not the first Series 2 cards I was able to find. I got that mystery five pack at the card shop on Father's Day. For the record, here is what came out of the pack:


  • #588 Jordan Zimmermann, Nationals
  • #641 Bruce Chen, Royals
  • #504 Michael Bourn, Indians
  • #435 Brandon Maurer, Mariners
  • #411 Jesus Guzman, Padres, Sparkle Blue parallel (which looks to be exclusive to these giveaway packs).
So now on to the actual packs.

Pack 1 consists of:
  • #553 Josh Rutledge, Rockies
  • #506 Andy Pettitte, Yankees
  • #563 Nate Eovaldi, Marlins
  • #585 Homer Bailey, Reds
  • #645 Luis Cruz, Dodgers
  • Million Dollar Chase Card
  • #CD-12 Carlos Gonzalez Chase it Down 
  • #420 Rick Porcello, Tigers
  • #567 Alfonso Soriano, Record Chase 400 Home Runs (checklist)
  • #409 Logan Morrison, Marlins
  • #539 Phil Coke, Tigers
  • #356 Greg Dobbs, Marlins
Comments: All kidding aside, this is a pack that a Marlins fan would love as a third of the pack consists of Miami players. At least now I know why Soriano is being featured in the Record Chase subset, even if it eventually is a checklist card.  Nice to see the Million Dollar Chase card, even though I've really stopped paying attention to the game lately.

Pack #2:
  • #578 Brett Jackson, Cubs
  • #519 Zack Greinke, Dodgers
  • #552 Francisco Cervelli, Yankees
  • #654 Brandon Barnes, Astros
  • #359 CC Sabathia, Record Chase 200 Wins (also a checklist)
  • #422 Alfredo Marte Target Red parallel card
  • Million Dollar Chase Card (yay, two of them)
  • #435 Brandon Maurer, Mariners (great, my first double)
  • #652 Jonathan Lucroy, Brewers
  • #510 Nate McLouth, Orioles
  • #375 Wilin Rosario, Rockies (nice to see Topps stopped the two cards per ASRT player)
  • #625 Domonic Brown, Phillies
Comments: Yes, finally a Cubs card, even if it is of a player who hasn't been on the roster. Nothing much to write home about, but another MDC card doesn't hurt.

Overall, a nice two-pack break before heading towards the weekend. Maybe I'll get the Random Cards posted...or so I hope.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: