Saturday, June 29, 2013

Two 2013 Gypsy Queen Orioles Blue Parallel Cards Showed Up at my Door from Across the Atlantic ...

The above title sounds like the set up to a horrible joke. But trust me, it's very far from the case. Would you like to know how I got my hands on the cards below?:

2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Jim Palmer and Brooks Robinson Blue Frame Parallel Cards

About a month or so ago, I get a note on my email saying that somebody on Twitter mentioned me. Now, normally, it's because of Twitter's traditional Follow Fridays where people who tweet post a list of names who they believe their followers should follow as well. I get a few of these from time to time, and thanks to whoever says to #FF @bdj610 (and while you're at it, take some time after reading this post to do the same).

Well, it seems that many of the card bloggers take to twitter to give cards away to their followers. And that's what Andy Bates (who writes the fantastic blog The Wax Fantastic and can be followed on twitter @thewaxfantastic) does. Did I mention that the guy is based out of London??!

Back to the point.

The note from Twitter was not a FF, but a tweet from Andy stating:


Hey, I won two cards...I didn't even know I entered anything. That's the fun about these random drawings...as long as you're a follower of a guy (or gal), you could get free stuff. So I sent the man my address and a few weeks ago the pair finally arrived.

These cards are beautiful up close. The blue really pops on these cards. And even though they are of Orioles, I'll be more than happy to add them to my 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen binder.

So an overdue (I promised I'd write this a few weeks ago...and you know what happened) thank you to Andy for the pair of blue O's.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: