Monday, June 15, 2009

And the 2009 Topps Red Hot Rookie #2 Card Goes To...‏


Those holding those Red Hot Rookie Redemption cards better get them logged in to Topps quickly as it has just been announced that card #2 belongs to none other than Gordon Beckham of the Chicago White Sox.

Gordon was just recently called up to the White Sox and made his major league debut on June 4 against the Oakland Athletics. So far, he is 4-35 for a .114 batting average, but has driven in 4 runs for the Pale Hose (as of June 15, 2009).

There is something new that Topps is going to try with Beckham's cards. One in every ten of Beckham's cards will be autographed card. That's right, for every ten redemptions, one lucky collector will get his card autographed by Beckham. White Sox fans will want to add this card to their collections. Ladies and Gentlemen, START REDEEMING!!!




Reviewing the early checklist, we have: Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

P.S. In my jumbo box, I got Red Hot Rookie #3. I can't wait to see who I get this time. jba

5 comments:

David said...

A number of my recent comments haven't been posted. Something I said?

Andrew said...

I got #4 out of a jumbo pack. I wonder if every other number will have the chance at an auto bonus?

Millgy said...

I recently got a #2 out of a pack and i redeemed it online. It turns out that I got the Auto Variation.I feel pretty lucky,and happy :)

Anonymous said...

In regards to post from Millgy....I contacted TOPPS supprot few days ago and was told that you will not actually know if you are the lucky one to receive the Autograph card. They will only choose the 10th person at the time of shipping out the card. And I think I will trust their official word at this point :)

Anonymous said...

Really? If you redeemed a #2 red hot rookie card could you tell me what it said on the topps redemption page.I had just assumed that it was autographed because on the page it said Red Hot Rookie #2 Auto Variation.I guess i'll believe you for now