Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cards That Crossed the Atlantic...Somebody Grab Me a Tissue!!!

So I finally got around to sending John Arnold of the Pursuit of 80'sness, Pursuit of Red Sox, and Pursuit of Jacoby Ellsbury, a full envelope of cards long after he sent me two full packages of Chicago Cubs cards.

He received the package last Saturday, and promptly thanked me for it on this post. Along with the Red Sox cards, I included three unopened packs each of 2008 Topps I, II, and Updates and Highlights. He was going to break open the packs on his Red Sox site.

Well, he just opened up the three series one packs. He received two Red Sox cards, one was Jason Varitek...

This was the other one:


Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry now...

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

5 comments:

dayf said...

What is that? I've never seen a red border that wasn't an Opening Day card. Is that some kind of parallel?

jackplumstead said...

Its not numbered and looks no different except its RED. Beckett list it as #234c, so it must be fairly common. I looked on e-bay for a Red Version but no luck, plenty of white versions with Giuliani.(ranging from 99p to $29.00-but that seems a tad pricey)

TDLindgren said...

Hey JayBee,

I think 2009 Topps might be out. Look at what I just found on eBay. I don't think it's a promo card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ken-Griffey-Jr-Chicago-White-Sox-2009-Topps-30_W0QQitemZ370152234521QQihZ024QQcategoryZ166747QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
unclemoe said...

Fancy. I want it.

moe.