Thursday, January 16, 2014

Things I Have Not Yet Done in 2014

We are already half way through the month of January, and I am sitting at the mechanic's lounge again (I seem to do my best writing when I'm here for some reason), and I realize that other than trying to catch up to the Random Cards of the Day segments (I'm almost there...I think), I haven't written a darn thing here other than the Hall of Fame announcements.

Which reminds me, there are other things I have yet to have written about since I took on the new job, including:
  • a preview/review of the 2014 Topps Series II sell sheets (which should have been done in December)
2014 Topps Series 2 Sell Sheet Page 1. Coming soon to the blog.
  • updating the Sports Card Blogroll
  • adding to the All-Time All-Star team blog now that the Cyber Museum has images of 2013 Topps Update Series cards
  • waiting ever so patiently for 2014 Topps to show up at the store
  • Announce the winners of the All-Star Rookie Team contest back in November
With the whirlwind of things happening in my personal life (oh yeah, including getting sick last week...couldn't even move), I really have left this place to the wolves. And I'll have to fix that.

I received the first email request to add a new blog to the Sports Card Blogroll. So the first order of business will be to update the site to 2014 standards. Let's do that now.

We ended 2013 with 334 active blogs on the SCBR. The following blogs will now be removed due to 6-9 months of inactivity (yes, it's been that long):
With the above nineteen blogs off the active roster, that brings the total of active blogs in the SCBR down to 315 blogs. Last year at this time, I was hoping that the big blogroll would be host to 400 blogs about the Hobby of Sports Card Collecting. But with everyone now taking to twitter and other social sites, that might now be a dream. It's a good thing that many are able to find a balance and are continuing to maintain their sites with fresh content and new insights. It is my hope that 2013 was just a hiccup and that 2014 will see more blogs about the Hobby, especially with baseball in the horizon.

As always, if you or someone you know has a site about collecting sports cards, please send me an email at bdj610@hotmail.com and let me know about it. If you had a blog that hasn't been updated in a while and was removed previously from the active roll and you plan on bringing it back to the masses, let me know as well. 

I am going to go through the emails now and see who won the contest now. Check back and I'll make the announcement eventually,

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: