Monday, August 27, 2012

Pack Break Week 3: 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen

I'm finally finishing up the Pack Break Week posts that should have been done last week. Please pretend that the date above reads Friday, August 17, 2012. Thanks.


As previously stated, I bought five random packs at the local Target last week, and have opened each one for my annual Pack Break Week extravaganza (laugh all you want). The last pack to open is Topps sophomore product, Gypsy Queen.

Another six-card pack that retails at $3.19, it really is too expensive at this price for so few cards. While I shouldn't say I'm not surprised that this product made it to another year (see Turkey Red, Topps 206, etc), the run for this product should be fairly short (meaning I don't expect it to appear again in 2013...although I could be wrong of course). The cards themselves look like they were done as paintings instead of pictures (although thanks to computer graphic technology, none of which I am an expert of, I'm sure you can take any picture and turn it into a painting). I have to admit, with the cards I got, they look good as paintings.

So what did I get?

  • #12 Brennan Boesch, Tigers
  • #179 Paul Goldschmidt, Diamondbacks
  • #103 Shaun Marcum, Brewers
  • #SS-CG Curtis Granderson Sliding Stars
  • #138 Chris Carpenter Mini Black Bordered
  • #GS-JF Jeff Francoeur Glove Stories

Three base cards and three inserts. I should do a bit more research as to what the odds are for these...wait I can. The mini black borders come 1:12, same for Glove Stories. Sliding Stars are 1:6.  You have to admit that the pictures, especially the one of Francoeur, look fantastic.

So ends another edition of Pack Break week.  All cards are available for trade, from this pack and all the other packs.  If interested, you know where to find me.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: