Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blogging at the Mechanics

So here I am on a Saturday morning gettin my brakes checked. And I'm going to be here a while. What better time to gather my thoughts about what is now the end of the 2011 MLB season.

First, congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals for winning the 2011 World Series. Congratulations to hometown hero David Freese for being named the MVP. It was well deserved, and that is no understatement. You singlehandedly kept the Cards from the jaws of defeat in both games 6 & 7.

Congratulations go out as well to the Texas Rangers who put up a very good fight and for helping make this WS one of the most exciting in the last 25 years.

So while St. Louis celebrates, and the rest of the world prepares for a long offseason, this is just a reminder to all in the Hobby that we have no offseason and 2012 can't come fast enough.

I am still looking for a 2011 Topps Update Series Master Set to add to my collection. And you know I'm still on the hunt (money permitting) for the legends SP cards from the last three years. In 2012, expect Willie Mays and Roberto Clemente to show up in Topps flagship as SP subjects.

I still need 23 stickers (including one pair of team logos) to finish my 2011 Topps Sticker Album. I got to this point thanks to trades by both sruchris and Stale Gum (who still has not let me know if my end of the trade arrived to him yet). Now Chris Harris also included a Jefferson Burdick sticker with the stickers he mailed. I hope this means I made the Posse now. Here are the stickers I am down to now (feel free to jot these down and email me at bdj610@hotmail.com if you have anything): 6, 11, 15, 19, 58, 64, 65, 88, 121, 136/302, 162, 169, 225, 232, 237, 238, 242, 257, 259, 264, 267, 289.

I also have all the packs that I bought two weeks ago here with me. This should keep me busy while my brakes get replaced. Just have to brace myself when the bill comes. That is the only thing I'm not looking forward to.

I have six new blogs to add to the Sports Card Blogroll (including two making their return to the active roll). One blog that hasn't been updated within the past six months will go into the Blogroll Hall of Fame. Will make that announcement soon. On an unrelated note, I received an offer to have the SCBR join forces with a Hobby website that could give the big roll, and more importantly the blogs within it, a lot more exposure. I sent my response to the offer, haven't heard back though. Details to come as they become available.

I hope you all are having a great day. Remember, our Hobby has no offseason. So keep collecting. Keep hitting the stores, sites, and shows. Have fun. I'll just sit here waiting for the mechanic to finish so I can join in on the fun...if I have any money left.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: