Thursday, July 14, 2011

Trading Away A SP Card. Why Would I Do Such a Savage Thing???

A while back, I wrote that I bought a Target 4-pack of 2011 Topps Series 2.  And one of the cards in the pack was this beautiful short print. 

2011 Topps Jim Palmer SP #393

Now, I have the most rotten luck when it comes to finding packs with SP cards.  So to even get one is an accomplishment.  Now, friend of the blog Glenn Savage sent me an e-mail wondering if I was willing to part with it.  Seeing that he is from Maryland, and he's been so generous with all the cards he's traded to me, I couldn't say no.  He listed what he was willing to offer, and I told him what I would want in exchange.

The package came yesterday.  Included was a Topps Gold card of Dodger pitcher Jonathan Broxton, an Andre Dawson 60 Years of Topps Original Back (1985), and this...

2011 Topps Christy Mathewson SP #102

Yes sir, a Christy Mathewson SP card.  A short-printed card of a HOF pitcher for a short-printed card of a HOF pitcher.  Seems like a fair exchange to me.

Also included in the package that came in the mail yesterday were seven Series 2 Diamond Giveaway cards.  All used.  I just needed the code cards for my collection (darn the fact that they are numbered).  I am only missing TDG12 and the set is done.  Now, all I want is the card, used code or not.

I am also sending him a couple of other cards that I think he will enjoy.  Thanks again, Glenn.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Ryan G said...

I probably have used code card #12. I'll check - I absolutely don't want anything in return, but it'd be great if we can work together a small trade to go along with it.