- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1997 Topps #308.
- Player Name, position, team: Stan Javier, outfielder, San Francisco Giants.
- Major League Debut: April 15, 1984.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1996 stats (Giants): 71 G, 274 AB, 44 R, 74 H, 25 2B, 0 3B, 2 HR, 22 RBI, 14 SB, .383 SLG, 25 BB, 51 SO, .270 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Cardinals as a Free Agent 03/26/1981. Signed with the Giants as a Free Agent 12/08/1995. Bats: both. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 13. This is his tenth Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Stan had no desire to play 2B like ex-ML star Julian, his father. Why? "I was afraid of the ball," he confesses."
- Commentary: It seems that Topps may have forgotten to change the Acq(uired) information on the back of Stanley Julian Antonio Javier's 1997 Topps card because Javier signed with the Athletics, the team he played for two stints, recently 1994-1995, on December 7, 1993. He signed with the Giants two years and one day later, on December 8, 1995. That makes this card...AN ERROR CARD!!! With the exception of a cup of coffee with the Yankees in 1984 and half a season with the Phillies, Javier's career up to this point has seen him play for California teams (all except the Padres). In his second season with the Giants, Stan appeared in 142 gams, hit for a good .286 with 8 homers, 50 rbi's, and percentages of .368/.395/.764. He would stay on with the Giants until August 31, 1999, when he was traded to the Astros, keeping the team in the pennant race and helping them into the playoffs as the franchise was decimated by injuries. After finishing the 1999 season with Houston, he signed with the Mariners, where he finished his career two years later. He was named the GM for the Dominican Republic team for the World Baseball Classic in 2006 and again in 2009 and spent some time working for the MLB Players Association as a special assistant.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 17.
Tomorrow's card will be 1980 Topps #456. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Hope you will be too.