Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Images for the 2014 Topps Retail Team Sets are Live!!!

With the baseball season already underway, and because I've already secured my S1 Master set, the next set of products my attention goes to (unless Gypsy Queen comes out) is the team retail sets. Hey, some people go ga-ga over Heritage, I feel the same way towards the team sets.

Readers who have stuck with this humble, little blog, even as I have withered to obscurity, know that I absolutely LOVE the retail sets. Since 2006, I have made it my mission to include these awesome supplements to the eponymous Topps set into my collection. And I have succeeded in getting all 30 team sets (plus the All-Star Team sets since 2011) since then. That's 246 total team sets.

Well, in searching for any info on these beauties, I found this on the MLB shop website:


All 30 team sets (not counting the possible AL and NL All-Star sets) are listed, with pre-sales for just under $20.00 before shipping charges...and they come with binders and pocket pages.

For the first time, Topps will be including coupons within the team sets? I know in recent years that coupons for Topps products have been inserted in retail boxes. A $0.50 coupon might not sound like much, but if it means a price break on packs, it could be worth it.

If I can find better images, and possibly preliminary checklists, I'll get them posted onto the blog. Until then, here is the list of the "cover players" for each team (subject to change):
  • Arizona Diamondbacks: Paul Goldschmidt
  • Atlanta Braves: Justin Upton
  • Baltimore Orioles: Manny Machado
  • Boston Red Sox: Dustin Pedroia (note that the logo on the prelim package is the 2013 WS Champions)
  • Chicago Cubs: Anthony Rizzo (note that the logo on the prelim packages honors Wrigley Field's 100th anniversary)
  • Chicago White Sox: Chris Sale
  • Cincinnati Reds: Joey Votto
  • Cleveland Indians: Nick Swisher
  • Colorado Rockies: Troy Tulowitzki
  • Detroit Tigers: Justin Verlander
  • Houston Astros: Jarred Cosart (looks like the Future Star theme will carry over here...will every team set have one?)
  • Kansas City Royals: Alex Gordon
  • Los Angeles Angels: Mike Trout
  • Los Angeles Dodgers: Clayton Kershaw
  • Miami Marlins: Jose Fernandez
  • Milwaukee Brewers: Carlos Gomez
  • Minnesota Twins: Joe Mauer
  • New York Mets: David Wright
  • New York Yankees: Derek Jeter
  • Oakland Athletics: Josh Donaldson
  • Philadelphia Phillies: Chase Utley
  • Pittsburgh Pirates: Andrew McCutchen
  • St. Louis Cardinals: Yadier Molina
  • San Diego Padres: Andrew Cashner
  • San Francisco Giants: Buster Posey
  • Seattle Mariners: Felix Hernandez
  • Tampa Bay Rays: Wil Myers
  • Texas Rangers: Yu Darvish
  • Toronto Blue Jays: Jose Reyes
  • Washington Nationals: Bryce Harper
Maybe I should hound @toppscards about the team sets the way some collectors ask about Heritage...nah.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

2 comments:

Once a Cub said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be including cards from these sets on my 2014 Topps Blog if they differ from the base cards and/or aren't included in any of the three series.

Anonymous said...

I could use some 2012/2013/2014 inserts if you have dupes - my want list is on my site and linked here:

http://lifetimetopps.wordpress.com/topps-inserts/

I've got the Ty Cobb blue back card from your wantlist for trade to offer.