- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2012 Topps Update Series #US158.
- Player Name, position, team: Jared Burton, pitcher, Minnesota Twins.
- Major League Debut: April 4, 2007.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2011 stats (Reds): 6 G, 0-0, 4.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 SO, 0 CG, 0 SHO, 0 SV, 1.93 WHIP, 3.86 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Athletics #8th, June 2002. Signed with the Twins as a Free Agent 11/11/2011. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 2. This is his second Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Jared calls his signature pitch a "splange-up" - a circle change that acts like a splitter. "It's not really a crazy grip," he says. "It's just the way it comes out of my hand." The big right-hander, finally healthy after two injury-plagued years with Cincinnati, "splanged" his way to 11 straight scoreless outings early in his 2012 Twins debut."
- Commentary: Levi Jared Burton has found a home in the Twins bullpen after five seasons in Cincinnati. His last two years in the Reds organization were marred by injuries, and when there was no room for him on the Reds roster when he was healthy, he was sent to Louisville, the team's AAA affiliate to get into games. He signed with the Twins as a minor league Free Agent. He pitched well enough to earn a spot on the team in 2012 and in his first season with the Twins appeared in 64 games, earned a record of 3-2 with a 2.18 ERA. He struck out 55 batters in 62 innings of work and achieved a WHIP of 0.919. In 2013, he appeared in 71 games, and in 66 innings, achieved a 2-9 record and an ERA of 3.82, 1.62 higher than the year prior. He is under contract for 2014 with an option in 2015. Hopefully he can rebound from this past season and revert to the form that he showed in 2012.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.12-$0.30.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 2.
Tomorrow's card will be: 1991 Topps #80. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Flash back with the blog tomorrow.