Now the pitching staffs from both sides locked in one representative from eight of the NL teams and nine of the AL teams. So that means in this post, I am going to name seven position players in the NL, and six in the AL, to each of their respective league's rosters.
In the NL, the Braves, Reds, Dodgers, Marlins, Phillies, Cardinals, Giants, and Nationals have representatives. These seven players will ensure that the NL has all 15 teams represented:
- 1B Paul Goldschmidt, Diamondbacks (.302, 36 HR's, 125 RBI's)
- OF Nate Schierholtz, Cubs (.251, 21 HR's, 68 RBI's)
- OF Michael Cuddyer, Rockies (.331, 20 HR's, 84 RBI's)
- OF Carlos Gomez, Brewers (.284, 24 HR's, 73 RBI's)
- 3B David Wright, Mets, (.307, 18 HR's, 58 RBI's)
- 3B Pedro Alvarez, Pirates (.233, 36 HR's, 100 RBI's)
- OF Will Venable, Padres (.268, 22 HR's, 53 RBI's)
On the American League side, the Orioles, Tigers, Royals, Angels, Yankees, Athletics, Mariners, Rays, and Rangers, have representatives. These six players will ensure that the AL has all 15 of its teams represented.
- 2B Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox (.301, 9 HR's, 84 RBI's)
- SS Alexei Ramirez, White Sox (.284, 6 HR's, 48 RBI's)
- C Carlos Santana, Indians (.268, 20 HR's, 74 RBI's)
- OF Chris Carter, Astros (.223, 29 HR's, 82 RBI's)
- C Joe Mauer, Twins (.324, 11 HR's, 47 RBI's)
- 1B Edwin Encarnacion, Blue Jays (.272, 23 HR's, 67 RBI's)
Now before you start to say, "Where's this guy?" or, "Why didn't my guy make the team?" Please keep in mind that I'm not done filling out the final rosters. These 13 guys are only here so that all 30 teams have a player. The best (trust me) is still yet to come.