Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2011 Topps All-Star Rookie Team Contest Winners!!!‏

Now that the 2011 Topps All-Star Rookie Team has been announced, I have spent the good part of the afternoon going over all the e-mails I received, seeing who outguessed me in the All-Star Rookie Team contest.

Unfortunately, nobody correctly predicted all ten players who would make the team this year. The fact that Topps named ten players on to this year's team (unlike last year when the team consisted of eleven players). Because of this new development, there is no penalty for picking a LHP (everybody put in an LHP only because I asked for one). If Hellickson and Kimbrel were on your ballots, they counted towards your final score. But once again, nobody wins the 2005 Topps Rookie Cup set grand prize.

Sadly, there were less entries sent to me this year than in last year's contest (probably due to the fact my readership has been declining...but that's not for lack of trying). But out of all the entries I did receive, only two people beat my score of six, and only one person correctly picking nine players onto the team. Congratulatory e-mails have already been sent, so it's okay for me to announce the winners:
  • Eight players correct:  Kyle Brewster
  • Nine players correct:  Steve Drennen
Steve also guessed nine players in last year's contest. Many of the people who participated in the contest did get the same number of players right that I did...a big fat six. Both Kyle and Steve will receive a Hobby pack of 2011 Updates and Highlights for outguessing me.

Thank you very much to all who participated in the contest. Although nobody got all ten to win the grand prize, I promise to run this contest again next year. Hopefully somebody will win it.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Kbrewster/90 said...

You know, the other day I was remembering how I won that one contest (yours). And I got to thinking, "Hey! I never received my prize." Not that its a big deal, but I just remember that the other day. I'm truly only bringing it up to give you a bad time about it. ; )