- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1982 Topps #470.
- Player Name, position, team: John Mayberry, first baseman, Toronto Blue Jays.
- Major League Debut: September 10, 1968.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1981 stats (Blue Jays): 94 G, 290 AB, 34 R, 72 H, 6 2B, 1 3B, 17 HR, 43 RBI, 1 SB, .452 SLG, 44 BB, 45 SO, .248 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Astros, #1st, June 1967. Traded by the Royals to the Blue Jays 04/04/1978. Bats: left. Throws: left.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 14. This is his twelfth Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: n/a.
- Commentary: It's hard to believe that the alternate uniforms being used by the Blue Jays now are called "retro" when the team last used those jerseys in 1983. Is 27 years really retro??? I feel old. Anyway, John Mayberry was a slugger for the Royals and was still providing the power when he arrived in Toronto. In his five seasons with the Blue Jays, Mayberry hit 92 home runs, drove in 272 rbi's, had a high .802 OPS, and a .256 batting average. By 1982, though, the skills were starting to diminish, and Mayberry was traded to the Yankees in the middle of the season.
- Beckett value: $0.05-$0.15.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 12 cards.