- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2007 Topps #13.
- Player Name, position, team: :Pedro Martinez, pitcher, New York Mets.
- Major League Debut: September 24, 1992.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2006 stats (Mets): 23 G, 132.2 IP, 9-8, 72 R, 66 ER, 137 SO, 39 BB, 23 GS, 0 CG, 0 SHO, 0 SV, 1.11 WHIP, 4.48 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Dodgers as a Free Agent 06/18/1988. Signed with the Mets as a Free Agent 12/16/2004. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 18. This is his sixteenth card.
- Blurb on the back: n/a
- Commentary: I have finally figured out a way to scan these black-bordered 2007 Topps cards. Instead of putting them in the holders and then onto the scanner, I will put the card directly on the scanner with the holder "framing" the card. As you can probably see with this card, the images came out rather well. Previously, the 2007 Topps cards would expose how scratched up the plastic holders really were. After seven extraordinary seasons in Boston, including one World Series title, Pedro Martinez decided to sign as a free agent with New York. Not to his long-time rival the Yankees, but to the Mets. He left Boston with an incredible 117-37 record, a dominating 2.52 ERA and 1683 strikeouts. With the Sox, he also won two Cy Young awards and was on the AL All-Star Team four times (including the starting job in 1999...in Boston). But now with the Mets during what should have been the twilight of his career, he was still one of baseball's most dominant pitchers. But in 2007, injuries began taking its toll and limited Martinez to only 5 games. But those five games showed that he still had it. He was 3-1 with a 2.57 ERA, and struck out 32 batters in 28 innings of work. He would work sparingly in 2008, and then after a hiatus in 2009, returned during the end of the campaign with to help the Phillies back to the World Series.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.12-$0.30.
- How many cards of each player do I own?: 91 cards.
Tomorrow's card will be: 2001 Topps #384. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Flash back with the blog tomorrow.