- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1992 Topps Traded #126T.
- Player Name, position, team: B. J. Wallace, pitcher, Team USA.
- Major League Debut: n/a.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1991 stats (Mississippi State University): 19 G, 127.1 IP, 9-3, 43 R, 38 ER, 145 SO, 35 BB, 14 GS, 7 CG, 4 SHO, 2 SV, 2.69 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Bats: left. Throws: left.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 2. This is his first Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "In 1992, B.J. set a Mississippi State University record for Strikeouts, becoming the first pitcher in history of the school to achieve two consecutive 100-Strikeout seasons. He tied a school standard with 4 Shutouts and was co-MVP of the NCAA Midwest Regional. B.J. established a career-best with 11 Strikeouts vs. Vanderbilt in 1991."
- Commentary: With Topps as one of the sponsors for the U.S. Olympic Baseball Team, they had the rights to produce cards of each of the members of the team that would head to Barcelona. Unfortunately, the team would not win a medal in these games, finishing fourth out of the eight teams participating. But they did finish with a 5-2 record (the two losses being in the playoffs against Cuba and Japan in the Bronze medal game). But William J. Wallace performed well in the games, earning a W against Italy, striking out 14 batters in 8 innings of work in a 10-0 blowout. He was drafted by the Expos as the #3rd pick overall in the 1992 June draft. However, injuries kept him from performing to his potential, and after being on the DL for the entire 1995 season, and a short-lived comeback did not pan out the following season, Wallace did call it quits, never making it to the major leagues. He would take up coaching at the high school level. One interesting tidbit finds that in 2011, Wallace and his wife were arrested and charged "on suspicion of building a methamphetamine lab in their home." I think we'll stop there.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.08-$0.25.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 2.
Tomorrow's card will be: 2011 Topps Update Series #US265. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Until tomorrow everybody.