Saturday, November 8, 2008

One 2009 Topps Updates and Highlights Jumbo Box Yielded...

It's been busy at work and at home, so even though we opened both boxes of 2008 Topps Updates and Highlights almost two weeks ago, I have not had a chance to sort out the cards until now.

The good news is that one jumbo boxes did give me a full set of 330 cards. Here is the rest of the damage:
  • 78 duplicates
  • 31 Gold Foil Cards
  • 1 Chrome Refractor (Max Ramirez, Rangers)
  • 2 All-Star Game Relics (Ryan Dempster, Alfonso Soriano)
  • 1 Autograph (Steve Holm, Giants)
  • 1 Stamp (Washington & Lee 10/90)
  • 1 Black Gold card (Jeremy Sowers, Indians)
  • 1 Take Me Out to the Ballgame
  • 10 Topps Gold cards (Luke Scott, Ambres, Affeldt, Hurley, Marte, Marmol, Littleton, Pavano, Ryan Tucker, Bixler)
  • 10 First Couples (Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, Cleveland, Harrison, Johnson, Bush, Clinton, W. Bush)
  • 10 WBC cards (Iwamura, Utley, J Reyes, Peavy, Paul Bell, Catalanotto, Varitek, A Jones, J Santana, Carlos Lee)
  • 5 Ring of Honor (Cone (without the 'e'), Justice, Cepeda, Sutter, Knight)
  • 5 Mets Ring of Honor (Gooden, Strawberry, Carter, Orosco, Darling)
  • 10 Year in Review (Thomas, Teixeira, A Gonzalez, Varitek, Maddux, Granderson, Lackey, David Price, Cabrera, Maybin)

Needless to say I'm thrilled that I was able to get a full 330 card set from the jumbo box. All items above I will use for trade bait in my quest to get the three retail exclusive sets (WalMart, Target, KMart).

I'm still going to sort through the cards from the regular box that my kids and I opened. I hope it doesn't take me another two weeks to do so though.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get dupes of either of the Griffey cards (either the 600th HR or the ChiSox card)? I would gladly try to find something to trade if you've got extras...