Friday, May 3, 2013

Where I've Been (or, Why I Haven't Posted Anything Besides Random Cards of the Day) Lately

For all of you wondering why I haven't been posting anything of significance besides the Random Anything of the Week, it's because these last few weeks have been an extremely busy time for me personally. And I really had nothing new to talk about other than getting my hands on the complete 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen set with all the basic inserts last week.

So, I might as well tell you what I have planned for this month. Besides the complete schedule for the Random Cards of the Day (which you can see along the sidebar of the blog), I am eagerly waiting for Series 2 to come out next month. But until then, I am still saving up enough money for the 32 team sets that came out in the last few weeks. I already have a seller in mind that is willing to make me a deal on all of them, but money is a bit of an issue, so I just have to be patient. I assure you that before the next two-three weeks are up, I'll not only have all 32 team sets, but I'll actually have the traditional post with all 30 pictures and official checklists (remember the last time I had lists of these, they were preliminary at best).

Also, I will be on the Bay looking for the first 20 Cubs Archives cards given away at today's game. Now Wrigley Wax was able to get his hands on all the cards (for the season ticket holders). As much as I'd like to have gotten a shot at those, I'll bide my time and see how much each set of 20 (plus the final set of 22) will run me.

Speaking of Archives, if and when that becomes available, I'll try my hand at getting a complete set via the Bay. Ditto for Allen & Ginter.

In other news, I finally reached the 500 follower threshold on Twitter.

Yay!!!

You know though that people follow and un-follow there all the time, so I don't know how long having 500 followers will last. I debated about doing a contest to commemorate the occasion, but haven't decided for sure how I want to proceed.

I also have thought long and hard about getting rid of my old Beckett magazines. I've saved so many over the years that they are taking up too much space in the house. I know there are issues I want to keep (like all the Rookie Rolodex issues and the Topps commemorative from 2001, and the magazines that somehow have my name on them), but other than that, I don't really need to keep them anymore. So if you have certain issues in mind that you would like me to find for you, send me an e-mail and I'll see what I can do. Now I did ask this before, but honestly, never got around to doing it. This time, I'll do good. I swear.

Speaking of doing some good, I will try and get more cards for sale on eBay. I found some worth selling, like a 2012 Topps Gold Mike Trout card, and an extra 2010 Topps Update Washington Senators SP card, so I'll probably start with those. I still have that extra CYMTO original back Nolan Ryan '74 card too. My kids want me to sell two extra Lego Minifigures (the Alien Invader from Series 7 and the DJ from Series 8). Does anybody need them?

So that's it for now. I know my 5-year is coming up soon. I have been thinking about changing the look of the blog...you know, to evolve with the times. This humble little blog has some age to it, so I thought that I should do a bit of remodeling around here. Maybe I'll do the same with the big Blogroll too.

In the meantime, the Random cards will appear on time as scheduled. At least I've been able to post something everyday. I might have to expand a bit to include all the extra sets that I've collected over the years, something along the lines of "Random Not an Eponymous Topps Card of the Week" that would include all the Topps 206, Topps 205, Allen & Ginter, Turkey Red, National Chicle, and Gypsy Queen cards I have on me. Maybe.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

The Junior Junkie said...

I'm interested in any Griffey issues you may part with....!