- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2009 Topps Updates and Highlights #UH163.
- Player Name, position, team: Alejandro de Aza, outfielder, Florida Marlins.
- Major League Debut: April 2, 2007.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2008 stats (Marlins): Did not play - Injured.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Dodgers as a Free Agent 05/01/2001. Drafted by the Marlins in the Rule 5 Draft 12/13/2004. Bats: left. Throws: left.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 3. This is his second Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "A fast player with a great glove, Alejandro provides insurance at all three outfield posts. He was Florida's Opening Day starter in 2007, but then missed '08 with an ankle injury."
- Commentary: To ensure that Alejandro de Aza would return to his usual speedy self after spending the entire 2008 season on the DL, the Marlins assigned him to New Orleans to start the 2009 campaign. The Fish then called de Aza up in May to fill in their bench as their primary pinch hitter/runner - defensive replacement. But after two months in which he appeared in only 22 games, hitting a low .250 and stealing no bases, the Marlins returned Alejandro to New Orleans. He finished the year with the Zephyrs, hitting .300 with 8 home runs, 27 rbi's, and 11 stolen bases. The Marlins, seeing that there would be no room in their outfield, placed de Aza on waivers. The White Sox picked him up on October 21, 2009, and after travelling back and forth between Chicago and Charlotte from 2009-2011 (the Sox' AAA-affiliate), he has provided the Pale Hose a spark in the lineup that has not been seen since Scott Podsednik and a steady glove at center field.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.12-$0.30.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 8 cards.