I'm not going to bore you with the relics and auto sets (they look nice, but I don't collect them), but you have to figure that they are going to be upgrades to the insert sets that I'm going to want in my 2013 Topps Series 1 Master Set. Six insert sets were announced per the Number One Source in the Hobby:
- Chasing History (50 cards), featuring HOF's and possibly current players (relic version shown)
- Chasing the Dream (25), featuring rookies, younger players (auto card shown)
- Cut to the Chase (25), a die-cut insert set.
- The Greats (30), a Hobby-exclusive insert set. Featuring HOF's and retired players.
- Calling Cards (15), something that looks like it should have been an Allen & Ginter insert. It begs to ask, "How do you celebrate?"
- And 1972 Minis (50). For those who like mini cards or retro insert sets. This year, Topps is honoring the psychedelic 1972 Topps set.
CHASE (Chasing the Dream, Chasing History, Cut to the Chase, the Ultimate Chase). Somehow I get the feeling that we collectors are going to be doing a lot of chasing this year. And that's a good thing, right?