I can't believe it. I did so well too, especially when I was able to get the Archives post done. And then the rest of the week went straight down the drain. Oh well, short of the 2013 Topps post, Pack Break is going to continue. Please pretend that it's Tuesday.
So it's Tuesday (humor me, will you), and after yesterday's wildly successful pack break of 2012 Topps Archives, I thought it would be time to open the Roy Halladay modeled 2012 Topps Series 1 pack of cards from Target. I already have the master set, so I should have the base and inserts here. Will there be a Schumaker Squirrel card in my future? Let's see.
The cards that came out of the pack are (in the order of how they were packaged):
- #240 David Wright, Mets
- #204 Tom Gorzelanny, Nationals
- #248 Stephen Drew, Diamondbacks (which reminds me, I still have to finish that Dean's list...even though Drew is no longer the D-Backs dean...)
- #44 Edwin Jackson, Cardinals
- #TM-17 Craig Kimbrel 1987 Topps Mini card
- #133 Ivan Nova Target exclusive Red Parallel card
- #211 Kelvin Herrera, Royals
- #177 Josh Thole, Mets
- #178 Edward Mujica, Marlins
- #278 Randy Wells, Cubs
- #124 NL Active Leaders Batting Average (Pujols, VGuerrero, Helton)
- #302 AL 2011 Leaders Home Runs (Bautista, Granderson, Teixeira)
Overall, it's just your average Target Series 1 pack. Having a card of David Wright along with the red parallel card kept it from being a total bust. As a Chicagoan, getting the Cubs card (even if it is of Randy Wells chewing his glove in frustration...hey, would there be any other reason to do this???) would have made me want to buy another one.
Hey, if this one turned out all right, let's see if something great comes out of the 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter pack that I am opening tomorrow (please let there be a Balut card!!!)