Here are card #'s 14-22 "on Topps 60 Greatest Cards of All Time":
- #22: 1954 Topps #90 Willie Mays
- #21: 1984 Topps #182 Darryl Strawberry
- #20: 1993 Topps #98 Derek Jeter
- #19: 1984 Topps #8 Don Mattingly
- #18: 1975 Topps #228 George Brett
- #17: 1987 Topps #320 Barry Bonds
- #16: 1964 Topps #125 Pete Rose
- #15: 1953 Topps #220 Satchel Paige (Satchell)
- #14: 1957 Topps #20 Hank Aaron (Reverse Negative)
Thoughts: I can't really argue with many of the picks as you can really only have ten "Top 10" cards. Many, like the the Mattingly card, and maybe the Bonds I would have thought would have been in the Top 10. And with both of his cards in the Top 60, how in the world is Topps going to be able to create "reprint" cards of the Pete Rose, when he's banned from baseball? Of course, there is no problem giving away his actual cards, but they haven't made a "new" card of Pete Rose since 1989 (and I'm not counting the 1991 Topps Babe Ruth movie where he had a card playing Ty Cobb).
We're getting closer and closer to the Top 10. So here's hope that card #13 on the countdown will be announced maybe tomorrow, maybe on Monday, someday soon...