- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2004 Topps Traded and Rookies #T127
- Name, position, team: Jon Connolly, pitcher, Chicago Cubs.
- Major League Debut: n/a.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2003 stats (West Michigan Whitecaps-Midwest A): 25 G, 166 IP, 16-3, 37 R, 26 ER, 104 SO, 38 BB, 25 GS, 5 CG, 2 SHO, 1.00 WHIP, 1.41 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Tigers #28th June, 2001. Traded by the Tigers to the Cubs 04/29/2004. Bats: right, Throws: left.
- Any special information about this specific card: Connolly's first and only regular Topps card (total includes regular and traded cards only). I love the 2004 set design not only because of the fact it was the first set to feature white borders since 1997, but because of those silhouette outlines at the bottom left corner of every card. Yes, the uniform numbers could be confusing, but you have to admit that having the silhouette match the player's picture was pretty cool. Connolly would be one of those players wouldn't have a Topps card now if he was still trying to get to the majors now. But what potential this kid had. Yes, it's lower A ball, but you have to admire a record of 16-3, 104 K's, and a whip of 1. That's right...1.00. Connolly stay in the Cubs' minor league system was extremely brief. He returned to the Tigers' organization in 2006, bouncing around with 4 minor league teams that year. He was last seen playing for the Newark Bears of the independent Atlantic League. He has one other Topps card, included as one of the bonus players in the 2004 Topps MLB Chicago Cubs factory set.
- Beckett value: $0.40-$1.00.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 2 cards.