Anyway, now that I have the weather rant out of the way, I thought, "What better way to keep warm than to update the Sports Card Blogroll?"
There were 339 blogs on the active blogroll by the time I finished the monthly cleaning in January (my first post of the year). I was lamenting that I was worried that I'd be lucky if we still had 300 blogs by the time the year is out. Well, as of right now, there are 363 blogs on the roster now. That was a gain of 24 blogs. There were a lot of factors to thank for this:
- Thanks to Night Owl, I was able to raid his following list, and added a number of blogs that I didn't have before. Although some of them had not written anything new within three months, so I'm not going to hold my breath in the belief that they're going to maintain it.
- Many e-mails from people requesting that I add their blog to the blogroll. I even received a few asking to be added BACK (which is even better).
- Looking at the new blog's blogroll and finding more sites that I had not seen before.
- The Cardboard Dugout
- West Virginia Cards
- Get the bat off your shoulder!
- Vintage Card Reference
- Sports Syzygy
- Sewingmachineguy on Cards
- Montreal Expos Baseball Cards
- Pursuit of Jacoby
Now is the time for the usual request: If you or somebody you know has a blog about the Hobby that we all love (that of Sports Card Collecting), and you don't see it on here, please e-mail me at email@example.com. If your site has been removed from the site and you plan on making a comeback, please let me know as well.
Thank you very much.
UPDATE: FEBRUARY 1, 2013, 8:36 PM CST.
Upon further review, one of the above blogs will transferred from the removed from the blogroll list to the Retired but Relevant blog list.
The blog called Montreal Expos Baseball Cards features every Topps card that features the Montreal Expos player during their playing days from 1969 all the way to 2005 (including a brief cameo from 2012 Topps). As the information is complete, it deserves to be considered as a reference for all Topps Expos cards.