Anyway. Remember how I mentioned that through the years at the end of each season (at least the last 25) that I would create a pair of End-of-the-Year All-Star Teams (one for the National League, one for the American League)? Remember how I used the Strategic Baseball Simulator (or SBS) to fulfill my childhood fantasies of determining which of the two teams would win in a head-to-head competition?
Well it's time to find out, taking a line from Iron Chef, "Which All-Star Team will reign supreme??!" I would like to know:
- Which team would win if the starting pitchers were Greg Maddux of 1995 vs. Randy Johnson of 2001?
- How well would Pedro Martinez of 1999 do against a lineup that consists of 2010's Robinson Cano, Paul Konerko, and Jose Bautista?
- Could 1987's Andre Dawson and Darryl Strawberry outslug 1998's Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire?
- Could the Nolan Ryan from 1989 strike out Albert Pujols of 2006?
- How well could the Ichiro of 2001 fare against a pitching staff that would include Roger Clemens, Mark Langston, and Dennis Eckersley of 1992?