Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy 4th Anniversary to bdj610's Topps Baseball Card Blog!!!

On May 8, 2008, I started this humble, little blog. That means this past Tuesday, the blog turned four years old.

So...

Happy Anniversary to Me!!! (Note, I have run this same post for previous anniversaries...feel free to enjoy once again now!!!)





    (the words to the song for those who either can't access the video, or for those who are deaf or hard-of-hearing)

    (Gioacchino Rossini; arr. William Hanna / Joseph Barbera)
    Practically a restaurant standard, most people don't realize that these lyrics, to the tune of "The William Tell Overture", were written by Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera for the episode titled "The Hot Piano".

    Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Haaappy Anniversary

    Pour a cheerful toast and fill it
    Happy Anniversary
    But be careful you don't spill it
    Happy Anniversary

    Ooooo Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Haaappy Anniversary

    (Fred and Wilma Talking)

    Ooooo Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Haaappy Anniversary

    (Fred Talking)

    Happy she and happy he
    They're both as happy as can be
    Celebrating merrily
    their happy anniversary

    (Fred and Wilma Talking)

    Ooooo Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Haaappy Anniversary

    (Fred Talking)

    Ooooo Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Haaappy Anniversary

    We now state emphatically
    its happy anniversary
    Not another day could be
    a happy anniversary

    Ooooo Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary
    Happy (slow)
    Happy (slow)
    Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy (fast) Anniversary!!!

    Since I kept track of this last year, I think I'll do it again. Since May 8, 2011, I:
    • added 2,877 cards to my official collection
    • wrote 192 posts (not all necessarily about baseball cards)
    • had more than 40,000 people find their way here, and 60,000 plus hits to show for it
    • been added to at least 30 blogs on their blogrolls (this is a liberal estimate)
    • gained 36 followers (I'm finally at 200 followers...YAY!!!)
    • added 100 plus blogs to the Sports Card Blogroll, and most importantly
    • earned acceptance into this wonderful world called the Hobby Blogging Community
    I want to thank everyone who's ever found their way here and decided to come back. Thank you very much for joining me on my journey as I continue building onto my collection. It is the hope for year 4 of bdj610's Topps Baseball Card Blog that I not only show off more of my growing collection or give my opinions about the Hobby topic of the day, but also to inform, possibly to entertain, to show more cards that might have never seen the light of day, and to become a stronger voice in the hobby (this last one will take some time...).

    To celebrate the fourth anniversary of this dog and pony show, I'm going to try and bring back a number of segments that have not been featured in a while, including (yes, I promised this last year...maybe...):
    • the ever popular "Topps Cards that Make You Go...What??! of the Week"
    • the return of the "2011 Topps Archives Project" (I swear, I'll get this going again as part of "What I Should Have Written in 2011") especially now that there will be a 2012 Topps Archives
    Future topics for the upcoming year will also include:
    • A tournament of my past All-Star Teams to determine the best of All-Time
    • As you probably know, one of the coolest things Topps included on the backs of each card in Series 1 was a mention of a card from the past 60 years that shared the same card number. Before Series 2 arrives in June, we will list the cards mentioned.  This will be a feature of "What I Should Have Written in 2011."
    • Coming in June, the return of the Random Card of the Day...if I'm allowed to do some heavy typing.
    Thank you for reading. Continue to enjoy the journey.

    Sincerely,

    JayBee Anama

    4 comments:

    ToppsGuy said...

    Congrats, glad i was your 200th follower!! I look forward to more posts!

    night owl said...

    Happy anniversary! Look forward to more posting in year 5.

    '30-Year Old Cardboard said...

    Happy Anniversary!

    The Lost Collector said...

    Didn't see this a few weeks ago. Happy Birthday!