Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Four-Pack Break of 2009 Topps Series 2…It’s About Time!!!

I have not bought any new packs of 2009 Topps in months. (Gasp…the horror). I’m trying to cut back on the clutter, and I realized that last year I spent so much on cards and have so many of them now piled up in my house that I don’t know what to do with them (other than sort them, see if I can get a complete set out of them, and throw them on the Bay…but that’s for another day). And at the moment, money has been going towards other, somehow more important, priorities (like bills, food, etc). So cards and the Hobby have taken a back burner. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop supporting my favorite card company anytime soon.

So finally, after months of waiting, (and I know you’ve been waiting), I am finally going to start on my pack breaks.
Maybe it’s good that I held off my pack breaks until now. At least I have something to write about while it’s slow here at the humble little blog. Now, the first pack breaks that I did for this stuff was back in May, so I am way, way behind schedule with these.

I’m going to start the pack break fiesta with four Hobby packs of 2009 Topps Series 2. As you probably all know, there were four players gracing the packs, and I managed to buy one pack of each (have to save the wrappers too right?) So each pack break below will be identified by the player who appears on the wrapper. There are 10 cards in each pack. Here goes:

The David Wright Pack:

David Purcey, 581
Michael Bourn, 572
Kenji Johjima, 508
Brian Anderson, 516
Milton Bradley, 594
Dustin Pedroia TTT34 ToppsTown Blue
Jesse Chavez, 409
Nyjer Morgan, 481
Tony Peña, 348
Kevin Kouzmanoff, 374

The Jackie Robinson Pack:

Corey Hart, 639
Carlos Quentin, 375
Jason Marquis, 417
Manny Ramirez TTT41 ToppsTown Blue
Cliff Pennington, 442
Garret Anderson, 532
Scott Baker, 420
Manny Parra, 647
David DeJesus, 570
Jhonny Peralta, 363

The Mickey Mantle Pack

Mike Aviles, 354
Bill Hall, 472
Edgar Renteria, 558
John Smoltz, 355
Dustin Pedroia TR82 Turkey Red
Justin Upton TTT37 ToppsTown Blue
Ramiro Peña, 493
Melvin Mora, 423
Kevin Milwood, 364
Dustin Pedroia, 350

The Ryan Howard Pack

Alfonso Soriano, 400
Nick Blackburn, 402
Edinson Volquez, 476
Ramon Hernandez, 431
Francisco Rodriguez, 430
Daniel Cabrera, 338
David Wright TTT32 ToppsTown Blue
Micah Owings, 598
Cameron Maybin, 398
Wladimir Balentien, 432

Basically, nothing much to write home about with these four packs. Then again, they were the first four packs out of the box, so “hits” were not to be expected.

On the next post, I will show of the cards that came in the nine packs of retail jumbos bought at the local K-Mart. I bought these before I bought before the hobby box and the above four packs. Quite a surprise on the first pack (you’ll see when I scan and post everything).

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: