Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2011 Topps Packs Galore!!! And a 2011 Topps Sticker Update!

Over the weekend, I may have over-done it in the card buying department.  Not only have I bought four 10-card hobby packs, one 50-card jumbo pack, and three 36-card retail jumbo packs of the newest 2011 Topps Update Series, but I bought the same number and same kind of packs for both 2011 Topps Series 1 AND 2. 



Not that I needed any more cards from either series and I should be focusing on the new product (until I can scrounge up enough money for the master set anyway). But they were there, and I decided to take a chance (and see if there are any SP cards I need). 

I'm taking the day off, but I'll be running around the suburbs.  I should be able to open all the packs and will display the spoils when I'm done.

On an unrelated note, I am almost done with getting my 2011 Topps Sticker Album done.  I had posted on twitter (I'm on there as @bdj610) that I was down to about 50 plus stickers and was trying to decide if I should buy more packs, buy singles at a show, or trade.  To my surprise, both founding fathers of Baseball Cardpedia (that would be sruchris and Mr. Stale Gum himself) sent me replies asking to show a want list. With that done, both offered stickers that I needed to add to my album. 

Now sruchris sent me a package of 25 stickers last week. Much appreciated Chris.  I mailed a package out to you.  I wasn't able to find any stickers you needed.  But I do hope what you receive will suffice.  Still waiting on the other package (I have stuff ready for Mr. Harris, but I didn't get his address, so I'm hoping what he sent through the mail comes soon).

I have to run. Hopefully, after next week (payday), I can purchase a master set.  Based on what I've opened so far, I am loving the cards and can't wait to complete my binder.

Speaking of binders, do you think I should send money to the Topps Company to buy the 2010 and 2011 Topps Baseball binders they have for sale?  I don't think they will fit for my regular sets, but they would make good books for my 30 team sets.  Thoughts?

And don't forget to enter the "Guess the All-Star Rookie Team" contest.  I read Bad Wax' post on the legalities of contests and that all card bloggers should read it.  Great timing since I just started the contest last week.  But based on the article, I think my contest is legal (I should put those "void where prohibited," "no purchase necessary" and "must be 13 and older to send submissions" somewhere...to be safe).

That's it.  Gotta run. 

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: