Friday, September 5, 2008

The Sports Card Blog Roll is Finally Catching On!!!


On July 7, 2008, I created the Sports Card Blogroll to highlight the best and brightest in the Hobby Blogosphere. It was, for me, the best way to keep up with 100+ blogs about the Hobby and some of the best writers out there who enjoy cards as much, if not more so, than I do.

I initially started with the blog roll with links from the Sports Card Blog Directory, making sure not to include blogs that were either inactive (have not posted in 2008) or were going to be discontinuing their blog (the Atlanta cards blog was an example of a blogger that, at the moment I set up the blog roll, announced he was ending the blog), then as I went to the sites of each of the individual bloggers, added a few extras that initially did not appear on the directory. While I created this more as a tool for me, I opened it up so anyone can use it. Now it looks like some people have taken me up on that offer.

I first received an e-mail from the guys who run the Hugging Harold Reynolds blog. They also run the Gem Mint Ten blog that appears on the blogroll and thanked me for including them on it. The e-mail was very unexpected, and graciously sent a reply simply stating, "You're welcome."

I then recently discovered two blogs that actually linked the Sports Card Blogroll onto their sites, and I the reason why I created this post in the first place was so that I could thank them for it:

The Electric Friar is a blog written by a gentleman from the US Navy based in San Diego, CA. His blog is specifically about cards of the two major sports teams he collects, the Chargers (Electric) and the Padres (Friar), hence the name.

baseballcardman is written by Bart McClaughry aka Baseball Cardman from Missouri. He's been collecting cards since 1973 and uses his blog mainly to trade his doubles.

So thank you gentlemen for adding the blogroll to your blog's roll. I have one simple request though...

Could you please add this humble little blog to your blog roll as well??? It's bdj610's Topps Baseball Card Blog (bdj610bbcblog.blogspot.com). Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: