Friday, September 14, 2012

Leaving DPI With My Head Held High...and a 2007 Topps U & H Pack Break


Many of my now former co-workers have said their goodbyes, and in about 10 minutes, I will be doing the same.  But before I go, I want to rip open these last two packs of 2007 Topps Updates and Highlights.

As mentioned previously, I have had these 2007 Topps blister packs unopened since I bought them in 2009.  Basically, these cards have been sitting inside waiting to be opened for more than six years.  This won't take too long.

Pack 1:
  • #UH75 Marcus Thames, Tigers
  • #UH316 Brandon Watson, Nationals
  • #UH304 D'Angelo Jimenez, Nationals
  • #UH87 Jeff Karstens, Yankees
  • #UH142 Jeremy Guthrie, Orioles
  • #UH195 Marcus McBeth, Reds
  • #UH130 Eric Gagne, Red Sox
  • #UH206 Tom Glavine, Mets, Season Highlights
  • #UH165 Dallas Braden, Athletics
  • #UH160 Hunter Pence, Astros
  • #UH262 Aaron Rowand, Phillies, NL All-Star
  • #UH249 Billy Wagner, Mets, NL All-Star
Pack 2: 
  • #UH214 Alex Rodriguez, Yankees, Season Highlights
  • #UH208 Mark Buehrle, White Sox, Season Highlights
  • #UH95 Dmitri Young, Nationals
  • #UH306 Paul Bako, Orioles
  • #UH114 Pete Orr, Braves
  • #UH131 Marlon Byrd, Rangers
  • #UH125 Joe Kennedy, Diamondbacks
  • #GN182 Curtis Granderson Generation Now 14 of 31 Doubles
  • #UH121 Justin Duchscherer, Athletics
  • #UH277 Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies/Jose Reyes, Mets Classic Combos
  • #UH248 Roy Oswalt, Astros, NL All-Star
  • #UH268 Carlos Guillen, Tigers, AL All-Star
Two better-than-average packs of 2007 Topps U & H.  Highlights include getting felllow card collector Dmitri "da Meat Hook" Young, a bunch of All-Star cards, the Gen Now of Granderson, and...that's pretty much it.
I have to go.  I'm glad many people have left, if only because I don't want them to see me crying my eyes out.  I have my radio, I have my drinking cup, my Dilbert calendar (everything else I packed and took home a while ago), so I should be set.
I leave DPI Specialty Foods with my head held high.  I know that these last fourteen years, through good times and bad, were very good to me.  I am now off to start a new adventure.  I guess I will go wherever the winds take me. 
Goodbye DPI.  Goodbye to all I called my co-workers and friends.  I wish you well, wherever you go. 
And now, for the first time in more than 18 years (because I've always had a job to go to before leaving the previous ones), I am off. 

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: