Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The 2010 Topps Baseball Card Design Has Been Released!!!


Topps has released the design for the 2010 Topps Baseball Cards today!

All I have to say is...WOW!!! This looks fantastic!!! Normally there tends to be a letdown between a great looking card design one year and what comes out the following year.

Not this time. Not in 2010!!!

I know the picture may be big (won't know until I see how it looks on the blog later...), but the team name logo takes center stage (well, lower left corner stage) here. Could this be a dig by Topps due to the competition not being able to use team names anymore??? The team colors also look to make life easy for those sorting cards (can't imagine all 660 cards with that shade of red). The design is a little reminiscent to 1994 Topps and their home plate design, but this is definitely less boxy than 94.

The U & H set hasn't come out yet, and I'm already going nuts with this design!!! Too bad Series 1 won't be coming out until February. This is something to look forward to in 2010. I'm excited.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

7 comments:

Jeremya1um said...

Really? Is Topps serious? It looks like the same design they used in 2001 on the cards they made that came in Post cereals! Me and some of the folks on the Custom Card Blog could make a better design. I'll still buy packs because I'm a Topps guy, but I'm disappointed.

GOGOSOX60 said...

I love it!! Throw a "throwback" Topps logo on it too...

At least this design does NOT look like a 1979 Topps card........

TDLindgren said...

I like it! Nice design. Can't wait for the sell sheets to come out!

Jeff Mazdra said...

I like it too. I didn't know about the Post cereals.

GCA said...

Now if they make the backs more high contrast (= readable numbers), they'll be perfect!

David said...

Very nice. I like it.

IDentityUSA Identity Theft Protection said...

Topps always seems to outdo itself in new product offerings. Well done as usual.