Thursday, January 26, 2017

Introducing Card #1 for 2017 Topps

The subject for card #1 in the eponymous 2017 Topps set was just announced on the MLB Network this morning. The winner of the fan vote from late last year is...


Why not? He only was:

  • 2015 Rookie of the Year
  • a two-time NL All-Star
  • 2016 NL MVP

and most importantly...

a World Series Champion!!!

Well deserved honor.

And with that, a final checklist, with card numbers, will be coming soon.

I can't wait for Opening Day!!!

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

3 comments:

Tony Burbs said...

I may be biased, but I agree - excellent choice!

Hackenbush said...

I love that it's KB and the composition works with the design but I'm not in love with the photo. Picky, picky, picky.

Anonymous said...

I never liked that #7 missing thing, especially after the first year. Mickey Mantle was not the greatest player ever, nor the greatest player ever on a Topps card. Topps even dumped a boatload of Mantle and other '52s in the ocean in 1960. At least Mr. Limpett has a wet '52 off-centered Mantle.