- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2012 Topps #112.
- Player Name, position, team: Juan Nicasio, pitcher, Colorado Rockies.
- Major League Debut: May 28, 2011.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2011 stats (Rockies): 13 G, 4-4, 71.2 IP, 73 H, 35 R, 33 ER, 18 BB (W), 58 SO, 0 CG, 0 SHO, 0 SV (S), 1.27 WHIP, 4.14 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Rockies as a Free Agent 08/21/2006. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 3. This is his second Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Duane Espy, one of Juan's Minor League coaches, remembers him as "a really nice young man. And I wish he threw harder." Espy got his wish. A high-80s guy at the time, Nicasio now reaches the high 90s."
- Commentary: After earning a 5-1 start with a 2.22 ERA and 63 K's in 9 games worth of work, Juan Ramon Nicasio was called up to the big club to take a spot in the starting rotation. He was cruising along in 2012, earning a 2-3 record in 11 starts with an ERA of 5.28 and 54 strikeouts before injuring his knee while fielding a groundball in June. Arthroscopic surgery ended his season. But that injury was mild compared to the one he suffered in 2011, when he was struck in the face by a ball during a game which caused him to lose his balance and fractured a vertebrae in his neck. He rebounded in 2013, and pitched remarkably well for a guy coming off knee surgery. He earned a 9-9 record in 31 starts, struck out 119 batters and finished with a WHIP of 1.471. Eligible for arbitration in 2014, the Rockies are hoping that the young Nicasio (who will be 27 heading into the season) will mature and maintain his spot on the Rockies' rotation.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.12-$0.30.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 7.
Tomorrow's card will be: 2013 Topps Update Series #US326. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Until tomorrow everybody.